In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment remains to prioritize the safety of Arts Complex patrons, staff and performers.
The Arts Complex is owned and operated by the City and County of Denver and policies regarding vaccination or mask requirements can only be enacted by public health orders issued by the Department of Health or by the Mayor's office. In other words, the Arts Complex is unable to adopt a campus-wide policy regarding vaccines or masks. Therefore, COVID protocols are determined by the artist, promoter or presenting organization on an event-by-event basis.
Please be sure to check your email prior to heading to the venue. All presenters send an email alert containing information related to your show and it may include additional safety precautions that you will need to follow.
Event & Venue Protocols for Resident Company Performances
To protect audiences and the community from illness and to slow transmission of COVID-19, the resident companies of the Denver Performing Arts Complex – Colorado Ballet, Colorado Symphony, Denver Center for the Performing Arts, and Opera Colorado – will require patrons to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with an FDA or WHO-approved vaccine beginning October 1, 2021.
This vaccination policy states:
- All patrons 12+ must be fully vaccinated before attending performances. Patrons are “fully vaccinated” two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
- Children under the age of 12 must instead provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test. PCR tests must be taken within 72 hours of the performance start time. Negative COVID-19 antigen tests must be taken within 6 hours of the performance start time.
- All audience members ages 2+ must wear masks unless actively enjoying refreshments in designated areas. Food and beverages will not be permitted inside the theatres.
This will apply to all resident company public performances in Boettcher Concert Hall, Buell Theatre, Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Garner Galleria Theatre, Jones Theatre, Kilstrom Theatre, Singleton Theatre, and Wolf Theatre. Information about the vaccination verification process is forthcoming; continue to visit our website for regular updates.
For resident company performances (Colorado Ballet, Colorado Symphony, Denver Center for the Performing Arts, and Opera Colorado) at the Arts Complex, all guests and staff will be required to wear a mask, except when actively eating or drinking in lobby spaces.
Event & Venue Protocols for Non-Resident Company Performances
For events that are not affiliated with the resident companies of the Denver Performing Arts Complex (Colorado Ballet, Colorado Symphony, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and Opera Colorado), protocols are determined by the artist, promoter or presenting organization on an event-by-event basis.
Ticketholders to these events that purchased their tickets through AXS will be notified of event protocols and any vaccine / mask requirements via email before the show. Event protocol details will also be added to the event pages for events listed on the Arts Complex Calendar and included in 'Know Before You Go' emails leading up to each event.
What We Are Doing
Venue Sanitization: High-touch surfaces and common areas such as door handles, counters and tables are being cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Venue HVAC Systems: We have implemented measures in the ventilation system to follow guidelines for recommended filters and fresh air exchange.
- Restrooms & Sanitization Stations: Each venue restroom features touch-free fixtures for your safety. They will be cleaned and sanitized prior to your visit. Additionally, hand sanitizer dispensers are in various locations throughout the complex.
- Cashless Payment: Concessions will be available for purchase and we have cashless payment available. When purchasing alcoholic beverages, you will be asked to show an ID to prove you are over 21. If you are wearing a mask, you may be asked to remove it briefly for identity verification.
What You Can Do
- Get Vaccinated: If you are attending a performance by one of the resident companies at the Arts Complex, patrons will be required to be fully vaccinated beginning 10/1/21. In the Denver metro area, in addition to places like CVS and Walgreens, tests are available at Denver International Airport, AFC Urgent Care locations and Quest Direct locations. Additional testing sites can be found on the State of Colorado’s website. Many of these sites including Walgreens, Denver International Airport and AFC Urgent Care locations offer rapid tests.
- Wear Your Mask: Follow the mask policies and if required for your event, please wear a mask while indoors, except when actively eating or drinking in lobby spaces.
- Follow Venue Guidelines: Follow all venue guidelines and signage during your visit. We encourage you to minimize what you bring to the complex in an effort to speed up the security screening process and to limit contact.
- Stay Home If You Are Sick: If you or someone in your home feels sick or is showing symptoms of COVID-19 including fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, nausea, etc., or have been in close contact with anyone confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you respect the safety of others and stay home.
- Respect Everyone And Be Patient: We are thrilled to welcome you back and ask that you please be respectful of fellow guests including everyone's desire for space, face coverings and a touchless experience.
By adhering to these guidelines, we can keep the Arts Complex safe and enjoyable for everyone. If you have questions or see something that needs our attention during an event, alert a staff member or call Security at (720) 865-4200.