Denver is a top tier city for arts and culture and its residents share great pride in the creative spirit that is alive in the Mile High City. Nowhere is this more evident than at the Denver Performing Arts Complex, a 12-acre campus of theaters and public spaces in the heart of downtown.
The site of the Arts Complex has a long and noteworthy history as a cultural and civic center for metropolitan Denver, the state of Colorado, and the entire Rocky Mountain region. Owned and Operated by Denver Arts & Venues, the campus continues to serve as a vibrant cultural hub and gathering place for our community today.
It's home to four esteemed performing arts institutions – Colorado Ballet, Colorado Symphony, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and Opera Colorado – and plays a welcoming host to many national acts and local groups, festivals, conferences, public events and more.
About Denver Arts & Venues
Arts & Venues is a social-cultural enterprise with the central purpose of supporting and investing in our thriving communities through grant programs, sector leadership and cultural and entertainment events within our venues and throughout the city. Our enterprise business model raises revenue through the operation of Denver’s iconic venues which allows us to maintain our venues and fulfill our mission.
- Mission Statement: So that all may thrive, Arts & Venues enriches and advances Denver’s quality of life and economic vitality through premier public venues, arts, cultural and entertainment opportunities.
- Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Commitment: Arts & Venues is committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion as a fundamental guiding value and a practice weaved into all of our strategies, initiatives and decision-making processes. An equity practice supports our social and cultural purpose through the activation of our venues, leadership work and cultural investments. From public art selection panels and grantmaking programs to increasing access to our venues, we are committed to supporting Denver’s thriving and diverse communities.
Our Commitment to Denver
Arts & Venues, Colorado Ballet, Colorado Symphony, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and Opera Colorado are proud to contribute to Denver's cultural legacy through our collective efforts at the Arts Complex and throughout metro Denver. We've combined our individual information into an annual report to illustrate our impact and commitment to Denver and our region.
- We create access to great art in our communities
- Our educational mission is as important as our artistic mission
- We value community input and thrive when we collaborate
- Live performances are vital to the region's economy